Terms and Conditions
Sovoy on 03.07.2023.
Article 1 – Definitions and general concepts
“You”, “The renter” means drivers and payers listed on the rental agreement and signed it that the quality of tenant.
- “We”, “the company” means the Company Sovoycars, whose name appears on the Rental Agreement.
- “Vehicle”, means a passenger car or commercial vehicle that we rent for the agreed term of the Lease.
- “Damage”, is considered to damage, any damage occurred to the vehicle including glass breakage, the latter including the optics, mirrors and headlights.
- “Theft” of the vehicle shall include vandalism theft of accessories and attempted theft.
- “MAD”, Moroccan Dirham.
Article 2 – Eligibility to rent a car
You must provide us with documents, all information necessary for the establishment of your lease including your identity and passport, address (home and e-mail), your telephone Fix number, Mobile phone number, date of issue and expiry of your driver’s license as well as its place of issue, the means of paying your rent. Any driver must have held for at least 12 months a currently-valid driving license, corresponding to the category of the vehicle hired. He or she shall also be aged over 21 (the age required may be higher for certain categories of the vehicle). A ‘Young Renter Fee’ may be applied to your rental
if you are between the ages of 18 and 20. The average cost is approximately 200.00 MAD per day
You will be required to make, at the start of hire, a prepayment in the foreseeable amount of the hire bill, plus the deposit.
Article 3 – The vehicle
Article 3.1 – State of the vehicle
A document describing the vehicle’s condition is attached to your contract. You agree to put on it in writing, before departing the station, any apparent damage not described. If not, you shall be deemed to have delivered a vehicle complying with the statement. We are unfortunately unable to accept claims relating to apparent damage not reported at the time of departure. You must return the vehicle in the condition in which you received it. Any reconditioning costs by the renter’s misconduct shall be added to the cost of hire.
Section 3.2 – Use of vehicle
You must never drive the vehicle elsewhere than Morocco (Across the border) without the written authorisation of Sovoycars
In accordance with the principle of personal penalties, you are responsible for the offences committed during the term of the hire. Accordingly, you are informed that your references may be notified to the police authorities on demand.
You undertake to use the vehicle in a prudent and reasonable mode and in particular, without being under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any other substance liable to be detrimental to your driving ability, as laid out in the Traffic Code and in accordance with its intended use which, for a passenger vehicle, means mainly the carriage of persons on a gratuitous basis.
CAUTION: In particular, you may not use the rental vehicle:
- For rehire;
- For carrying passengers for hire or reward;
- To carry a number of persons in excess of that mentioned on the vehicles registration certificate;
- To take part in rallies, contests or trials, wherever located;
- To give driving lessons;
- To push or tow another vehicle
- On a road unfit for a motor vehicle, or the surface or condition of which evolve risks for the tires or parts under the vehicle;
- To commit a national/international offence.
- Driving the vehicle off roads, mountains, etc.
- Sovoycars does allow pets to travel in rental vehicles. However, cleaning and detailing fees may apply.
The goods and baggage carried in the vehicle, including their packaging and fastening shall not damage the vehicle or cause unreasonable risks for its occupants. When you park the vehicle, even for a shortstop, you undertake to lock the vehicle and to use the alarm and/or anti-theft devices fitted to the vehicle (if any).
You should never leave the car unoccupied with the keys in the ignition. Failure to return the keys shall render the theft waiver void. In the event of damage or theft, you must forward to the company as soon as possible the accident report or receipt of theft report issued by the authorities, together with the vehicle’s keys and documents.
Section 3.3 – Maintenance / mechanical problems
During your hire and according to the mileage run, you will be required to perform a customary inspection (oil level in excess of 1000 kilometers, tire pressure, etc.) in accordance with reasonable and prudent use. The renter shall remain alert to any signal from the warning lights on the vehicle’s dashboard and shall take any necessary protection, such as an emergency stop.
The vehicle is provided with five tires whose state is in compliance with traffic regulations. In case of damage to one of them for a reason other than normal wear and tear, latent defect or force majeure, you agree to replace it immediately at your expense by a tire of the same size, same type, same brand and even wear.
In the event of a mechanical failure only (excluding accident), you get Service assistance, included in the price of your rental. The conditions of this assistance are set out in Article 8 below “Conditions of Insurance, Assistance and Helpful Hints.”
ATTENTION: Sovoycars does not undertake to provide you with a car from a specific model, or color, and reserves the right to make changes if needed and this property in case of failure. We guarantee against by the category of your choice and if not available a higher category.
Article 4 – Length of stay
Article 4.1 – Definition of calculation
The renter agrees to return the vehicle to the company on the date specified by the hire contract, under penalty of civil and criminal proceedings. The hire duration shall be determined by the indivisible period of 24 hours, starting from the time when the vehicle is made available; you are allowed, however, a 29-minutes tolerance at the end of the hire before a new period of 24 hours is applied. If you wish to keep the vehicle beyond the duration specified in the contract, you are required to visit the Sovoycars office as a priority, to extend the rental agreement and to pay for the extended rental period.
Section 4.2 – End of the hire
The hire shall end upon return of the vehicle, its keys and documents at the company’s counter, to a Sovoycars agent. In no event will you return the keys to persons present in the car parks and claiming to be Sovoycars agents. In the event that the vehicle was to be returned without its keys, the cost of their replacement will be charged to the renter as well as bringing the vehicle back. Vehicle relocation will be charged with 5 MAD/km, (VAT included) to the nearest Sovoycars station. The company shall bear no liability for property left in the vehicle at the end of the hire.
CAUTION: Only transfer of possession of the vehicle, documents and keys to the rental agent during the agency’s opening hours shall end the hire contract. Reminder: You are liable until the end of the hire contract. Exceptions: if the vehicle is confiscated, the hire contract may be terminated as of rights as soon as the Company is informed by the judiciary authority or renter. Any use of the vehicle detrimental to the company shall because for the latter to terminate the contract as of right. In the event of theft, the hire contract shall end upon delivery to the company of the complaint lodged with the appropriate authorities by the renter. In the event of an accident, the hire contract shall end upon delivery to the company of the accident report duly completed by the renter and any third party involved.
Article 5 – Payment
Article 5.1 – The price
The estimated cost of hire and services is payable in advanced. It includes the hire fee computed according to the prices in force at the time of the contract’s signature, any fees or costs for optional accepted by the renter, the various contributions related to the supplementary insurance or waivers taken out. The client accepts to be charged on the same account the amount of excess charges and other charges in case of damage or theft of the hired vehicle. Beyond 30 days hire, an invoice shall be issued and shall be paid immediately, even if the hire continues. If the due date for payment stated on the bill exceeded, the renter shall be liable, after notice, for late payment interest on the amount due, at the legal rate plus a penalty of 0.1% per day over the due date of payment. The renter expressly agrees that failure to make a single payment when due or delinquency shall entail immediate maturity of all outstanding bills, and entitle the company to claim the immediate return of vehicles currently hired. The customer will pay all invoices for closed Rental Agreements.
Article 5-2 Applicable prices
The prices applicable to the hire, supplementary services, and optional waivers or insurance shall be those in force at the time of the contract’s signature, and based on the information you have provided (duration, return station, etc.). Any change of such information shall entail the application of a substituted price, mentioned in the brochure for the agreed price. Gasoline is not included in the Basic Rental rate. The Company rents vehicles with Same to same fuel level and the customer must return the rented vehicle with the same quantity of fuel and also, pays the missing fuel in the rented vehicle’s tank at the check-in at a price of 10 MAD /liter + 200 MAD refuelling service charge (VAT included). The amount of the missing gasoline is stated on the closed Rental Agreement.
The customer is fully responsible for the rented car during his rental. Malfunctions caused by refuelling with improper fuel type will be charged with the amount of minimum of 2500 MAD from the deposit.
- The customer pays washing of extremely dirty vehicles (inside or outside) in the amount of 600 MAD (VAT included).
- The customer pays additional equipment Child Safety seat in the amount of 60 MAD per day, maximum of 500 MAD per rental. A destroyed Child seat will be charged 1200 MAD. Cleaning of very dirty Child seat will be charged 120 MAD.
- The customer will cover the full value of the damages which are not covered by Insurance Company, occurred on the following vehicle parts: wheels, wheel covers, undercarriage, rims, interior and radio.
- For Destroyed/ damaged tyre, the customer will be charged 2500 MAD per piece
- The customer will pay the full value of the lost rented vehicle’s key / alarm-key / vehicle’s documents 1500 MAD per piece.
- The customer will pay the amount of 250 MAD for the lost vehicle’s registration plate(s).
- For the unauthorized return of the vehicle outside Moroccan borders (if Applicable), the renter will be charged for International One Way penalty in amount of 30000 MAD.
Special equipment/optional extras
- Booster seat: 500 MAD (Excludes tax); On request
- Child toddler seat: 500 MAD (Excludes tax); On request
- Infant child seat: 500 MAD (Excludes tax); On request
- GPS: 500 MAD (Excludes tax); On request
- Wi-Fi Access: 100 MAD per day. Maximum 1,400 MAD. (Excludes tax)
- One-way rentals are available, a drop-off charge may apply.
Special equipment/optional extras may be requested at the time of booking, but they are not included in the rental price. They are paid in the local currency at the rental desk.
Article 5-3 DEPOSIT FOR GUARANTEE
Upon pick up of the vehicle, Sovoycars will preauthorise an amount from the driver’s credit card as a deposit for guarantee which will be fully refunded at the end of the rental, provided no other charges arise. Please note that the refund can take up to 14 days, depending on the issuing bank of the credit. The amount of the deposit varies according to the car group.
The deposit amount depends on the rented vehicle car group and the length of rental.
Excess for car groups is:
- 15000 MAD for (M: Hyundai I10, E: Dacia Logan Essence, S: Dacia Sandero)
- 16000 MAD for (C: Dacia Logan diesel, H: Hyundai I20)
- 17000 MAD for (S1: Dacia Stepway, C1: Hyundai Grand I10 Manual, C2: Hyundai Grand I10 Automatic)
- 18000 MAD for (I: Renault Clio 4, D: Hyundai Accent)
- 22000 MAD for (J: Hyundai Elantra)
- 25000 MAD for (F: Hyundai Creta, K: Dacia Duster)
- 30000 MAD for (R: Hyundai Tucson, O: Mercedes Vito)
- 35000 MAD for (R1: Hyundai Santa Fe)
- 40000 MAD for (G: Jeep Grand Cherokee, P: Range Rover Evoque)
- 45000 MAD for (T: VW Touareg)
- 80000 MAD for (L: Range Rover Sport, L2: Range Rover Vogue, L3: Maserati Levante)
Debit Card, Diners Club & American Express are not accepted for the deposit.
Failure to provide a valid card may result in the booking being cancelled and no funds for the prepaid amount reimbursed.
At the end of the rental, the deposit will be released. If there are damages to be charged, they can be charged from the blocked deposit.
5-4 Early Returns/Unused Rental Days
- Should the hirer decide to return a Sovoycars vehicle back to our branch earlier than you originally planned, we shall not refund you for unused rental days.
- No refunds (partial or full) will be given for rentals ended early including the purchase of ancillary items, late collections, no shows or cancellations made after the rental start date.
5-5 The product is non-refundable in the following cases:
- You did not inform us about the cancellation of your booking prior to your pickup.
- You failed to pick the car up at the arranged time and date.
- You failed to provide the documents (passport and driver license) that is required to pick the car up.
- You failed to provide a credit card with enough available funds and with the main driver’s name printed on it.
- If you were blacklisted by the car rental company.
In all these cases, you will receive no refund of the money you have paid.
5 – 6 Cancellation Policy
- Any cancellation made with less than 48 hours notice will be assessed a fee of 800 MAD.
- No refunds will be made if cancellations are made after the time and date reserved for pickup.
Article 6 – Conditions of insurance and assistance
Article 6.1 – LIABILITY INSURANCE
All our vehicles are covered by a ‘Third Party Legal Responsibility’ policy, following laws and regulations in force in Morocco. They also benefit from a contract of technical assistance with the Sovoycars hire car stations and the contractual partners who will be indicated to the Customer when he/she asks for assistance from the closest Sovoycars hire car station.
The Customer can also take out an optional “Driver and Passengers” insurance (mentioned as PAI or ticked on the contract) by paying a fixed fee per day of rental.
The conditions and limitations of compulsory or optional insurances, of the contractual guarantees, as well as those of the assistance contract, will be expounded on the ‘Rental Guide, Conditions of Insurance and Useful Advice’ brochure available to you from all Sovoycars car hire stations.
Article 7 – Late arrival policy
Reservations will be held for two (2) hours past the reserved pick-up time, except if you contact us to change your arrival time. Two hours after the reserved pick-up time, the reserved vehicle will be made available to other customers. If you arrive at the locations later than two hours after the reserved pick-up time, we will try to provide a vehicle for you, however, availability cannot be guaranteed.
In case of a flight delay whereby the new arrival time is outside the pick-up locations opening hours, the location will remain open, provided the correct flight number is present in the reservation and the carrier or operator has notified of the delay and the new arrival time. Out of hours fee applies after opening hours.
Our opening hours are:
Monday From 07:00 to 22:00
Tuesday From 07:00 to 22:00
Wednesday From 07:00 to 22:00
Thursday From 07:00 to 22:00
Friday From 07:00 to 22:00
Saturday From 07:00 to 22:00
Sunday From 07:00 to 22:00
Any deviation from these terms shall require prior consent in writing from the company.
WARNING: IN CASE OF ACCIDENT, YOU 500 MAD flat rate billing to cover the cost of towing RESEARCH AND REPLACEMENT OF A VEHICLE FOR YOU TO FURTHER YOUR LOCATION